Tourist Tariff: Bhutan Government is committed to the policy of High Value, Low Impact Tourism policy with minimal or no negative impact to its beautiful and pristine environment. Till now the Tour Tariff fixed and monitored by the Royal Government of Bhutan is USD 280 (exclusive of visa fee and surcharges for FIT’s).
The policy of value tourism is best supported by a system of a daily minimum high season price of US $ 280 per person per night for visits to Bhutan. The daily minimum price is most often misinterpreted to be extremely high. The fee in fact covers a package that include all internal taxes and charges including royalty (US$65 per person per night, accommodation (3-4-star category), all meals (American Plan), services of licensed guides, internal transport and camping equipment and haulage for trekking tours.
The royalty mainly support free medical care, free education, and other welfare schemes. All visitors in way therefore make valuable contribution to the welfare system of the country.
Bhutan High Season Tourist Tariff
February, March, April, May, June, September, October, November & December- US$ 250 per person per night.
Bhutan Low Season Tourist Tariff
January, July & August - US$ 200 per person per night.
Both the above rates are applicable for cultural tours, treks, or any other special interest tours.
Individual tourists and smaller groups of less than three persons(FIT’s) shall be subject to surcharge, over and above the minimum daily rates applicable, as follows:
- Single - US$ 40 per night
- Group of 2 - US$ 30 per person per night
- Single Room supplementary US$ 25 per night.
- Single Tent supplementary US$ 15 per night.
The surcharge will not be applicable to representatives of foreign travel agents on business study or promotional visit duly approved and cleared by Tourism Council of Bhutan
Bhutan Tourist Tariff Includes:
- Tours specified in the itinerary.
- Accommodation in Govt. Approved Hotels on twin sharing basis (minimum 2-3 star category hotels).
- All Meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner).
- Tea and Snacks.
- Mineral water on tour.
- Comfortable transportation with driver within Bhutan. We use vehicle like Toyota, Hyundai and GM.
- Trekking equipment like best sleeping tents, dining tents, kitchen tents, toilet tents, mattresses, and sheets.
- Services of fluent English speaking guides.
- Trekking cooks and trek assistant.
- Supply of pack animals.
- Entrance fees for Museum and monument fees.
Bhutan Tourist Tariff does not include:
- Travel/medical/personal insurance. Rescue operations by helicopter during High Mountain trek. Airfare.
- Transfer and services outside Bhutan. Visa fee of US $ 20 per person. Wire transfer fee for transferring tour payment from your bank to Bhutan. Excess baggage charges. Drinks (alcohol and beverages)
- Hotels laundry Communication charges.
The Daily Tourist tariff mentioned above is for person per night.
Additional services will be provide upon request like staying in luxuries hotels in limited places in Bhutan, Luxury transport is extra charges.